Working to international standards ensures that Equity:
- Cut costs, through improved systems and processes
- Ensure that every member of staff, from the boardroom downwards, is driving the performance of the business at all times
- Increase customer satisfaction, through improved safety, quality and processes
- Access new markets, through ensuring the compatibility of products and services
- The adoption of global standards and associated terminologies also ensure that all Equity employees and our customers are discussing things in the same context.
International Standards are strategic tools and guidelines that enable organisations to tackle some of the most demanding challenges of modern business, such as information security, customer satisfaction and quality.
International Standards ensure that business operations are as efficient as possible, increase productivity and help companies’ access new markets.
Equity is accredited to the following International Standards:
- ISO/IEC 9001
- ISO/IEC 20000
- ISO/IEC 27001
Equity is also certified to:
- Safe Contractor
- Federation of Communication Services (FCS)
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
Equity is working towards being accredited to the following International Standard:
- Accreditation to Cyber Essentials will come post ISO/IEC 27001
The adoption of a Quality Management System (QMS) is a strategic decision for an organisation that can help to improve its overall performance and provide a sound basis for sustainable development initiatives.
ISO/IEC 9001 is used by Equity to:
- Consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Enhance customer satisfaction;
- Address risks related to the operation of Managed Services;
- Demonstrate conformity to specified quality management system requirements.
It specifies requirements for a service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually develop a Service Management System (SMS) in order to improve the delivery of services and fulfil agreed service requirements.
ISO/IEC 20000 is used by Equity to:
- To demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfil service requirements;
- To monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services;
- To improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS;
Using this family of standards enables an organisation to manage the security and associated risks for assets such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details or information entrusted to them by third parties. ISO/IEC 27001 is the best-known standard within the family and provides requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
ISO/IEC 27000 is used by Equity to:
- Ensure that there is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information
- Ensure that there are information security processes (including Risk Management) in place through the use of a dedicated Information Security Management System
Equity used International Standards to help build and develop high quality services and support the development of successful and collaborative relationships with our customers. When products and services conform to International Standards our customers can have the confidence that they are safe, reliable and built on internationally agreed best practices.
Alongside our accreditation to International Standards Equity have also worked to conform to further accreditations including Cyber Essentials.
The Cyber Essentials scheme is a world-leading, cost-effective assurance mechanism for companies of all sizes to help demonstrate to customers and other stakeholders that the most important basic cyber security controls have been implemented.
The Cyber Essentials scheme provides five security controls that any organization will need to implement to provide the basic level of protection from the vast majority of cyber-attacks.
The Cyber Essentials accreditation assists in Equity’s compliance to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it ensures that we have systems and processes in place to prevent cyber-attacks and identify data breaches.